Wednesday 10 November 2010

Hip-Hop cover

My hip-hop/RnB magazine is more contemporary looking compare to the metal magazine as this magazine is targeted towards a younger audience. The colour scheme is based on military, a trend which is very current in aut/win 2010. I featured very popular artists within this genre such as Lil Wayne to appeal to their very large fan bases, and also displayed iconic hip-ho figures like Eminem to portray the genre to the public immediately. The image used on the front is very similar to those seen on the covers of magazines such as 'Vibe', the woman's styling and pose conveys a very powerful and stylish woman which is an image that appeals to the hip-hop audience. The genre is typically seen as very relaxed and informal and I tried to reflect this in my language; not using full English. I chose the title collaboration because in this genre collaborations between different artists are very popular and I felt it was something the readers could relate to. As the main image is black and white is was perfect to make the headings and sub stories stand out on the cover. Stereotypically men in this genre are quite aggressive and at times violent, I tried to incorporate this idea by making the two smaller images at the bottom the shapes of guns. This could also represent the fierce competition there is in the genre at the moment. The magazine is meant to appeal to both men and women, using neutral colours and incorporating both males and females on the cover. I feel the magazine looks quite professional and slick, and I done the best I could with the resources. I would have liked to add some advertising, and use more effects to improve the overall effect of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment